Ohio man took dead mom's Social Security benefits for 33 years
(Reuters) - An Ohio man has pleaded guilty to federal charges that he collected more than $230,000 in Social Security benefits intended for his mother for 33 years after she died.
Frank Pospisil admitted in U.S. District Court in Dayton, Ohio, on Wednesday that he had stolen his mother's Social Security survivor benefits totaling $230,479 since she died in 1981, according to federal court documents.
Two attorneys listed for Pospisil did not return calls seeking comment on Thursday. A sentencing date has not been set for Pospisil.
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter