Volkswagen preparing to bid for U.S. Paccar -analyst report
Volkswagen is preparing to launch a takeover bid for U.S. truck maker Paccar next year, Daimler Trucks Chief Wolfgang Bernhard told analysts at Bernstein Research.
According to a Bernstein Research note published on Thursday, Bernhard insisted that "serious, multiple sources" informed him that VW was going to bid for Paccar next year.
Bernhard was briefing analysts at an event hosted by Daimler Trucks late on Wednesday.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July