REFILE-VW denies rumours of planned takeover bid for U.S.'s Paccar
(Corrects name in second paragraph - to Bernhard, from Bernhardt)
BERLIN, July 3 (Reuters) - German automaker Volkswagen on Thursday denied rumours that it was planning to bid for U.S. truck maker Paccar next year.
A note by Singapore-based Bernstein Research analyst Max Warburton published earlier on Thursday quoted Daimler Trucks Chief Wolfgang Bernhard as saying that VW was preparing such a takeover bid for 2015, citing "serious, multiple sources".
A spokesman at VW's Wolfsburg-based headquarters "clearly" denied the rumours. (Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |