Honda to expand US regional air bag recall to include California
TOKYO, July 4
TOKYO, July 4 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co has expanded its U.S. regional recall of vehicles over potentially explosive air bags made by Takata Corp to include the state of California, one of the biggest markets for the automaker in the United States, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
Last month, Honda and six other automakers said they were recalling vehicles in high humidity regions of Puerto Rico, Florida, Hawaii and the Virgin Islands in the United States at the request of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to replace Takata air bag inflators.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement