Smartphone maker HTC shares soar on second quarter net profit
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Shares of HTC opened up 4.7 percent on Friday after the struggling smartphone maker posted a quarterly net profit that slightly beat analysts' forecasts.
HTC shares rose to T$144 at the opening bell, while the broader market was flat.
(Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq