Smartphone maker HTC shares soar on second quarter net profit
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Shares of HTC opened up 4.7 percent on Friday after the struggling smartphone maker posted a quarterly net profit that slightly beat analysts' forecasts.
HTC shares rose to T$144 at the opening bell, while the broader market was flat.
(Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist