Saudi Arabia's Almarai Q2 net profit rises 8.8 pct
DUBAI, July 6
DUBAI, July 6 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's Almarai reported an 8.8 percent increase in second-quarter net profit on Sunday as sales rose.
The dairy producer made a profit of 433.3 million riyals ($115.5 million) in the three months to June 30, up from 398.2 million riyals in the year-earlier period, according to a statement to Riyadh's bourse.
Almarai said second-quarter sales rose 14.4 percent to 3.29 billion riyals, although expenses also increased.
($1 = 3.7504 Saudi Riyals) (Reporting by Matt Smith; Editing by David French)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria