France's Carrefour to shut down Indian operations
MUMBAI, July 7
MUMBAI, July 7 (Reuters) - French retail giant Carrefour SA plans to shut down its Indian operations by the end of September, the company said in a statement late on Monday.
The retailer, which has been operating in India since 2010, will close its five wholesale stores in the country, the statement added.
No other details were immediately available.
(Reporting by Nandita Bose in Mumbai; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Global stocks succumb to growth fears; ECB trillion euro question awaits
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report