France's Carrefour to shut down Indian operations
MUMBAI, July 7
MUMBAI, July 7 (Reuters) - French retail giant Carrefour SA plans to shut down its Indian operations by the end of September, the company said in a statement late on Monday.
The retailer, which has been operating in India since 2010, will close its five wholesale stores in the country, the statement added.
No other details were immediately available.
(Reporting by Nandita Bose in Mumbai; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report