French forward Diaw to stay in San Antonio
(Reuters) - Boris Diaw will re-sign with the NBA champion San Antonio Spurs, the French forward announced on Sunday. Diaw, whose versatility inside and outside the paint played a key role in helping the Spurs capture the title this past season, announced the news via Twitter. "Hey Spurs fans, good news I stay in San Antonio for a few more years. Let's win it again," Diaw tweeted. According to multiple reports, Diaw has reached an agreement on a three-year contract that will pay more than $22 million. The 32-year-old Diaw averaged 9.2 points per game and 4.8 rebounds during the 2014 playoffs.
(Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles, editing by Nick Mulvenney)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years