Barclays looks to offload its natural resource unit -Bloomberg
July 8 (Reuters) - Barclays Plc has hired an adviser to help the British bank offload its natural resource focused private-equity unit, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing sources.
The deal could value the unit, Barclays Natural Resource Investments (BNRI), at $1 billion to $1.4 billion, the news agency quoted three people with knowledge of the matter as saying. (bloom.bg/1mFoGLB)
A division founded in 2006, BNRI has commitments of over $2 billion with more than 20 portfolio companies, according to the company's website.
A spokeswoman for Barclays declined to comment. (Reporting by Esha Vaish in Bangalore; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |