Barclays looks to offload its natural resource unit -Bloomberg
July 8 (Reuters) - Barclays Plc has hired an adviser to help the British bank offload its natural resource focused private-equity unit, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing sources.
The deal could value the unit, Barclays Natural Resource Investments (BNRI), at $1 billion to $1.4 billion, the news agency quoted three people with knowledge of the matter as saying. (bloom.bg/1mFoGLB)
A division founded in 2006, BNRI has commitments of over $2 billion with more than 20 portfolio companies, according to the company's website.
A spokeswoman for Barclays declined to comment. (Reporting by Esha Vaish in Bangalore; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor