Empire to sell 4 Sobeys dairy plants for $356 mln
July 8 (Reuters) - Empire Co Ltd, the operator of Canadian grocery chain Sobeys Inc said it will sell its dairy manufacturing plants in Western Canada to Agropur Cooperative for $356 million.
The deal includes the sale of four plants in Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Burnaby, Empire said.
Sobeys had bought them as part of its purchase of Canada Safeway in November. (Reporting by Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies