Quake of magnitude 6.1 strikes off coast of Vanuatu: USGS
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A 6.1 magnitude earthquake struck 19 miles (30 km) east-northeast of Port Vila, capital of the Pacific island nation of Vanuatu, the United States Geological Survey said on Tuesday.
The quake was measured at 6.2 miles (10 km) deep, and occurred at 1256 GMT.
(Reporting by Jeremy Laurence; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- Officials make preparations for Ferguson grand jury decision |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse: sources
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight