Quake of magnitude 6.1 strikes off coast of Vanuatu: USGS
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A 6.1 magnitude earthquake struck 19 miles (30 km) east-northeast of Port Vila, capital of the Pacific island nation of Vanuatu, the United States Geological Survey said on Tuesday.
The quake was measured at 6.2 miles (10 km) deep, and occurred at 1256 GMT.
(Reporting by Jeremy Laurence; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes