India's Bharti Airtel to sell 3,100 telecoms towers in Africa
MUMBAI, July 9
MUMBAI, July 9 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top mobile phone carrier, said it will sell about 3,100 telecoms towers in four African countries to Helios Towers Africa.
Bharti Airtel will have full access to the towers under a long-term lease contract, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Under the agreement, tower operations-related personnel will be transferred from Airtel to Helios, the company said. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Mumbai; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- U.S. general says cannot rule out larger ground role in Iraq