India's Bharti Airtel to sell 3,100 telecoms towers in Africa
MUMBAI, July 9
MUMBAI, July 9 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top mobile phone carrier, said it will sell about 3,100 telecoms towers in four African countries to Helios Towers Africa.
Bharti Airtel will have full access to the towers under a long-term lease contract, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Under the agreement, tower operations-related personnel will be transferred from Airtel to Helios, the company said. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Mumbai; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July