India's Bharti Airtel to sell 3,100 telecoms towers in Africa
MUMBAI, July 9
MUMBAI, July 9 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top mobile phone carrier, said it will sell about 3,100 telecoms towers in four African countries to Helios Towers Africa.
Bharti Airtel will have full access to the towers under a long-term lease contract, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
Under the agreement, tower operations-related personnel will be transferred from Airtel to Helios, the company said. (Reporting by Aman Shah in Mumbai; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |