UBS cuts stake in Italy's Banca Carige to 1.8 pct-Consob
MILAN, July 9
MILAN, July 9 (Reuters) - Swiss-based bank UBS downsized its stake in Italian mid-sized lender Banca Carige to 1.8 percent from 4.05 percent on June 30, a regulatory filing by Italian market regulator Consob showed on Wednesday.
Carige said on Friday it had raised 798.2 million euros ($1.09 billion) in a highly-dilutive rights issue that was 99.9 percent subscribed, strengthening its balance sheet ahead of a European review of banking assets.
(Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |