Kerry says U.S. not seeking to contain China
BEIJING (Reuters) - Secretary of State John Kerry said on Wednesday that the United States is not seeking to contain China, as the two countries began high-level annual talks in Beijing.
The United States welcomes a peaceful, stable China that contributes to stability in the region and plays a responsible role, he added.
Despite differences, the two have the ability to find common ground, Kerry said.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change