Egyptian soldier killed in Sinai explosion
CAIRO (Reuters) - One soldier was killed and four others wounded in an explosion in the Egyptian town of Rafah, near the border with Israel, security sources told Reuters on Wednesday.
The blast occurred after an armored tank drove over an explosive device, the sources said.
Egypt has been hit by a wave of violence, mainly by militants based in the Sinai peninsula against security forces, since the army ousted President Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood last year.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |