Bank of Portugal says solvency of BES is solid
LISBON, July 10
LISBON, July 10 (Reuters) - The Bank of Portugal said on Thursday the solvency of Banco Espirito Santo (BES) is solid, adding that it has taken steps to ensure there is no contagion from companies in the Espirito Santo Group on the bank.
"The solvency situation of BES is solid and has been significantly reinforced with the recent capital increase," a spokesman at the Bank of Portugal said.
(Reporting By Sergio Goncalves, writing by Axel Bugge)
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |