Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum hires UBS, Maybank to advise on fundraising
KUALA LUMPUR, July 10
KUALA LUMPUR, July 10 (Reuters) - Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd, an oil and gas production company, has hired UBS AG and Maybank Investment Bank Bhd to explore fundraising opportunities locally and abroad.
The company is seeking funds to meet future expansion plans, it said in an announcement to the stock exchange on Thursday.
The announcement was made the same day that Hibiscus Petroleum called off plans for a private placement to raise 500 million ringgit ($157.2 million), which was first announced in Oct 2013 and had Hong Leong Investment Bank as an advisor.
Hibiscus Petroleum operates small to medium sized oil and gas fields in the Middle East, Norway, Southeast Asia and Oceania. ($1 = 3.1800 Malaysian Ringgits) (Reporting By Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah; Editing By Miral Fahmy)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies