Microsoft CEO commits to develop Xbox platform
July 10 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp Chief Executive Satya Nadella committed to develop its Xbox gaming platform in a letter to company employees, quashing rumors that the unit might be spun off.
"Microsoft will continue to vigorously innovate and delight gamers with Xbox," said Nadella in an email released by the company on its website. (bit.ly/1bqubHk)
Speculation has mounted for years over the fate of the Xbox business, which has been deemed a potential candidate for a spinoff by some analysts and Microsoft insiders.
Microsoft shares were little changed at $41.64 on the Nasdaq on Thursday. (Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |