Denver County to issue marriage licenses to gay couples: spokesman
DENVER (Reuters) - The Denver County Clerk will begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, a spokesman said on Thursday, hours after a Colorado judge backed another county clerk who has issued more than 100 of the permits.
"We are thrilled that we can finally provide licenses for this fundamental right in the city and county of Denver," said William Porter, spokesman for the Denver County Clerk's Office.
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran