British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park
NEW YORK (Reuters) - British actor David Legeno, who appeared as a werewolf in the "Harry Potter" films, was found dead by hikers in a remote area of Death Valley, California police said on Friday.
The Inyo County Sheriff's Office said the body of Legeno, 50, was found early on Sunday morning and a helicopter was used to transport it from the area.
"It appears that Legeno died of heat related issues, but the Inyo County coroner will determine the final cause of death. There are no signs of foul play," the sheriff's office said in a statement.
The burly, London-born, professional boxer and martial arts expert played Fenrir Greyback the ferocious werewolf in several of the "Harry Potter" films. He also appeared on television and in a string of movies, including "Snow White and the Huntsman," "Snatch," "Centurion" and "Batman Begins."
(Reporting by Patricia Reaney; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |