Afghanistan's Ghani and Abdullah arrive for news conference with Kerry
KABUL (Reuters) - Rival Afghan presidential candidates Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah arrived at a U.N. compound in Kabul on Saturday for a joint news conference with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.
The long-awaited news conference follows two days of negotiations between the feuding candidates and Kerry over how to resolve a deadlock over a presidential election to pick a successor to incumbent Hamid Karzai.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut