Afghanistan's Ghani and Abdullah arrive for news conference with Kerry
KABUL (Reuters) - Rival Afghan presidential candidates Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah arrived at a U.N. compound in Kabul on Saturday for a joint news conference with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.
The long-awaited news conference follows two days of negotiations between the feuding candidates and Kerry over how to resolve a deadlock over a presidential election to pick a successor to incumbent Hamid Karzai.
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Henrik Fisker is back with a souped up Mustang
- Russia warns U.S. against arms to Ukraine as Biden due in Kiev