At least three killed, 11 wounded in clashes at Tripoli airport: medics
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - At least three people have been killed and 11 wounded in clashes near the Libyan capital Tripoli's airport on Sunday, medics said.
Fighting started in the early hours of the morning between rival militias vying for control of the airport, and explosions could be heard throughout Tripoli as the clashes continued into the afternoon.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut