AIRSHOW-Emirates signs $13 bln service contract with GE
July 14 (Reuters) - Dubai-based carrier Emirates Airlines said it signed a 12-year agreement with General Electric Co for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of its new GE9X engines.
The $13 billion order is for engines that will power the 150 Boeing 777X jets that Emirates is buying from Boeing Co for $56 billion.
The order is GE Aviation's largest commercial jet engine contract from an airline. (Reporting by Sweta Singh in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine