Australia shares close up 0.5 pct - financials, resources lead
(Updates to close)
SYDNEY, July 14 - Australian shares extended gains to end 0.5 percent higher on Monday led by financial and resources stocks.
The S&P/ASX 200 index rose 25.51 points to close at 5512.30. The bechmark closed 0.4 percent high on Friday.
New Zealand's benchmark NZX 50 index up 0.5 percent or 27.27 points to finish the session at 5,127.87 points. (Reporting by Swati Pandey)
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note