Russian military officers are taking part in Ukraine combat-Poroshenko
KIEV, July 14
KIEV, July 14 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Monday Russian military staff officers were fighting against Ukrainian forces alongside separatist rebels and a new Russian missile system was being used on the separatist side.
"In the past three days a new Russian missile system has been used against the armed forces of Ukraine," he told security chiefs.
"Information has also been confirmed that Russian staff officers are taking part in military operations against Ukrainian forces," he said, according to his website.
(Reporting by Natalya Zinets, Writing by Richard Balmforth, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |