Ukraine says contact lost with military transport plane over rebel area
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian security officials said on Monday that contact had been lost with an An-26 military transport plane near Luhansk in east Ukraine where there is heavy fighting between Ukrainian forces and separatist rebels.
"Today, at around lunchtime, contact with this plane was lost. I cannot add anything more," Oleksiy Dmytrashkivsky, a spokesman for the government's "anti-terrorist operation", said.
(Reporting by Natalya Zinets, Writing by Richard Balmforth, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California