Disney World monorail in Florida evacuated, no injuries: TV news
(Reuters) - About 120 passengers aboard a monorail at Walt Disney World monorail in Florida had to be evacuated on Sunday due to a weather-related power outage, the company and local news reports said.
No one was injured in the incident. Emergency crews evacuated people through roof-top emergency hatches in monorail carriages with passengers walking across the cars while attached to safety lines, TV broadcaster WESH reported.
"There's currently one train on the system without power and all the guests are now off the train," said Jacquee Wahler, a spokeswoman for Walt Disney World Resort.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand