Dallas Fed's Fisher a top candidate for Texas chancellor -report
WASHINGTON, July 14
WASHINGTON, July 14 (Reuters) - Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher is a top candidate for a chancellor role at the University of Texas, according to an online report in the Dallas Morning News on Monday.
The paper said that Fisher, and U.S. Admiral William McRaven were top contenders for the role as chancellor for the University of Texas System, citing an unidentified source.
Fisher told The Dallas Morning News in December that he was planning to retire from the Dallas Fed in April 2015. It was not immediately clear how a chancellor role at the University of Texas would impact that plan.
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities