RPT-Getinge Q2 core profit falls, repeats outlook
(Repeats with no change to text)
STOCKHOLM, July 15 (Reuters) - Swedish medical technology firm Getinge posted a surprise fall in second-quarter core profit on Tuesday and stood by its sales growth forecast for the year.
Earnings before interest, taxes, amortisation and restructuring costs fell to 905 million Swedish crowns ($133 million) from a year-earlier 1.004 billion. The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts was for 1.012 billion.
Getinge repeated it expected sales growth in 2014, adjusted for acquisitions and currency swings, to be around 4 percent and forecast demand in markets outside North America and Western Europe to improve during the rest of the year after a period of weak demand. ($1 = 6.7919 Swedish Crowns) (Reporting by Sven Nordenstam; Editing by Alistair Scrutton)
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |