HP interim Chairman Ralph Whitworth resigns to focus on health
July 15 (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co said its interim Chairman Ralph Whitworth resigned from the board of directors, effective July 16, to focus on his health.
Whitworth, who runs activist hedge fund Relational Investors LLC, joined HP's board in 2011. He was appointed HP's interim chairman last year.
HP's shares were down slightly at $34.01 in premarket trading on Tuesday. (Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command