Albemarle to buy Rockwood in a $6.2 bln deal
July 15 (Reuters) - Specialty chemical company Albemarle Corp said it would buy rival Rockwood Holdings Inc in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $6.2 billion.
Rockwood shareholders will get $50.65 in cash and 0.4803 Albemarle shares for each share they own.
The offer translates to $85.53 per share, a 13 percent premium to Rockwood's Monday closing price. (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities