First Israeli killed by Gaza rocket fire in week of fighting
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An Israeli civilian was killed by a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, the military said, the first Israeli fatality in more than a week of fighting with Palestinian militants.
The Islamist group Hamas that rules Gaza claimed responsibility for launching the short-range rocket that struck an area along the border with Gaza.
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran