El Nino increasingly likely not be a strong event: Australia weather bureau
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Cooling of the Pacific Ocean over the last month means the El Nino forecast to hit later this year is increasingly unlikely to be a strong event, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) said on Tuesday.
The BOM maintained its forecast for an El Nino to arrive over the next several months, but said climate models had eased their predicted strength.
(Reporting by Colin Packham)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement