AIRSHOW-Safran says Hainan Airlines engine deal to be worth $1.3 bln
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 16
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 16 (Reuters) - Safran said an order from China's Hainan Airlines to supply CFM International engines to power 50 Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes will be worth $1.3 billion at list prices.
The carrier announced the commitment to buy the narrow-body planes at Farnborough Airshow earlier on Wednesday. The purchase is subject to approval from the Chinese government.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown