Europe working on making securitisation easier again-Germany's Schaeuble
BERLIN, July 16
BERLIN, July 16 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Wednesday that Europe was working towards making it easier to issue asset-backed securities, which fell into disrepute during the global financial crisis.
"I believe that with sensible regulations and high quality, securitisation, especially of loans for the Mittelstand (small and medium-sized firms), is necessary," he said.
"That's why we're working on making that easier in Europe, but in a way that ensures high quality," he added. (Reporting by Annika Breidthardt)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot