Europe working on making securitisation easier again-Germany's Schaeuble
BERLIN, July 16
BERLIN, July 16 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Wednesday that Europe was working towards making it easier to issue asset-backed securities, which fell into disrepute during the global financial crisis.
"I believe that with sensible regulations and high quality, securitisation, especially of loans for the Mittelstand (small and medium-sized firms), is necessary," he said.
"That's why we're working on making that easier in Europe, but in a way that ensures high quality," he added. (Reporting by Annika Breidthardt)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow