Europe working on making securitisation easier again-Germany's Schaeuble
BERLIN, July 16
BERLIN, July 16 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Wednesday that Europe was working towards making it easier to issue asset-backed securities, which fell into disrepute during the global financial crisis.
"I believe that with sensible regulations and high quality, securitisation, especially of loans for the Mittelstand (small and medium-sized firms), is necessary," he said.
"That's why we're working on making that easier in Europe, but in a way that ensures high quality," he added. (Reporting by Annika Breidthardt)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia