Naver says files for Line IPO in Tokyo
SEOUL, July 16
SEOUL, July 16 (Reuters) - South Korea's Naver Corp said on Wednesday its Japan-based messaging application subsidiary Line Corp has applied for an initial public offering at the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Naver, in a regulatory filing, said it is considering a dual listing in Japan and the United States. It is also possible that it may only list in the United States, it added.
A person with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday that Line applied for an IPO valued at over 1 trillion yen ($10 billion) around two weeks ago at the Tokyo Stock Exchange. ($1 = 101.5300 Japanese Yen) (Reporting by Se Young Lee and Joyce Lee; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- D'Souza gets community confinement for election law violation
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Three killed, including shooter, at UPS facility in Alabama
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York