Naver says files for Line IPO in Tokyo
SEOUL, July 16
SEOUL, July 16 (Reuters) - South Korea's Naver Corp said on Wednesday its Japan-based messaging application subsidiary Line Corp has applied for an initial public offering at the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Naver, in a regulatory filing, said it is considering a dual listing in Japan and the United States. It is also possible that it may only list in the United States, it added.
A person with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday that Line applied for an IPO valued at over 1 trillion yen ($10 billion) around two weeks ago at the Tokyo Stock Exchange. ($1 = 101.5300 Japanese Yen) (Reporting by Se Young Lee and Joyce Lee; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients