Obama to make statement on Russia sanctions, U.S. warns more possible
WASHINGTON, July 16
WASHINGTON, July 16 (Reuters) - The United States warned on Wednesday that it could expand the scope and target list of its new sanctions against Russia if Moscow continues "provocative" behavior in Ukraine.
A senior U.S. administration official told reporters on a conference call that the sanctions were also designed to avoid spillover risk for the global economy.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident