Finmeccanica inks 113 million euros UK helicopter contract
MILAN (Reuters) - Finmeccanica unit AgustaWestland has signed a 113-million-euro ($153 million) contract with the UK Ministry of Defense to integrate missile systems onto 28 Royal Navy AW159 Wildcat helicopters, the Italian group said on Wednesday.
The helicopters will be equipped with its Future Anti-Surface Guided Weapon (FASGW) Heavy and Light missile systems, making them capable of attacking a wide range of surface targets, Finmeccanica said in a statement.
AgustaWestland is manufacturing 62 Wildcat helicopters for the Ministry of Defense, 28 of which will be operated by the Royal Navy and 34 by the British Army. The Wildcat is replacing the Lynx helicopter.
(Reporting by Danilo Masoni; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000