Obama announces new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine crisis
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama announced new sanctions against Russia on Wednesday over what he called a failure by Moscow to take any steps to stop an escalation of violence in eastern Ukraine.
Obama, in an appearance in the White House press briefing room, said the new actions showed there were consequences to Russian President Vladimir Putin's aggression in the region.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade