Yellen's opening remarks to House panel identical to July 15 testimony
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's testimony as prepared for delivery to the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee on Wednesday is a repeat of the remarks she delivered before the Senate Banking Committee a day earlier.
In her testimony, Yellen said the U.S. economic recovery remains incomplete, with a still-ailing job market and stagnant wages justifying loose monetary policy for the foreseeable future.
(Washington economics team)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Israel's Netanyahu tells Obama that Iran can't be allowed to reach nuclear arms 'threshold'
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |