Yellen's opening remarks to House panel identical to July 15 testimony
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's testimony as prepared for delivery to the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee on Wednesday is a repeat of the remarks she delivered before the Senate Banking Committee a day earlier.
In her testimony, Yellen said the U.S. economic recovery remains incomplete, with a still-ailing job market and stagnant wages justifying loose monetary policy for the foreseeable future.
(Washington economics team)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.