Siemens preparing offer for Dresser-Rand - German magazine
FRANKFURT, July 17
FRANKFURT, July 17 (Reuters) - German engineering group Siemens has been preparing an offer to acquire U.S.-based compressor and turbine maker Dresser-Rand, German magazine Manager Magazin reported on Thursday, citing sources close to Siemens.
It said Siemens had mandated Lazard to put together an offer for Dresser-Rand, which has a market value of $4.6 billion, and would consider a hostile takeover if necessary.
Siemens declined to comment on the report. Dresser-Rand was not immediately available. (Reporting by Maria Sheahan)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement