Gentiva gets buyout offer, rejects Kindred's proposal
July 17 (Reuters) - Gentiva Health Services Inc rejected Kindred Healthcare Inc's offer to buy a stake in the home healthcare services provider in favor of a buyout offer from an unnamed party.
Gentiva said it got a $17.25 per share buyout offer from "a recognized owner, operator and investor in the sector" on Thursday.
Earlier this week, Kindred had raised its hostile bid to $16 per share for a 14.9 percent stake in Gentiva, stepping up its pursuit of the home healthcare services provided by Gentiva to an aging U.S. population. (Reporting By Amrutha Penumudi in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |