Rebels hamper search operations at airliner wreckage scene: Ukrainian official
KIEV (Reuters) - Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped