Rebels hamper search operations at airliner wreckage scene: Ukrainian official
KIEV (Reuters) - Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |