Malaysian airliner crash in Ukraine kills 295 - official
MOSCOW, July 17
MOSCOW, July 17 (Reuters) - Nearly 300 were killed when a Malaysian airliner crashed in eastern Ukraine, an adviser to the country's interior minister said on Thursday.
"280 passengers and 15 crew died," Anton Gerashchenko wrote on his Facebook site.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska and Polina Devitt, editing by Thomas Grove)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles