Malaysian airliner crash in Ukraine kills 295 - official
MOSCOW, July 17
MOSCOW, July 17 (Reuters) - Nearly 300 were killed when a Malaysian airliner crashed in eastern Ukraine, an adviser to the country's interior minister said on Thursday.
"280 passengers and 15 crew died," Anton Gerashchenko wrote on his Facebook site.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska and Polina Devitt, editing by Thomas Grove)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade