Australian parliament repeals carbon tax, emissions trading scheme
SYDNEY (Reuters) - The Australian Senate voted on Thursday to scrap the country's carbon tax and plans for emissions trading, a major victory for conservative Prime Minister Tony Abbott that leaves uncertainty about how Australia will meet its carbon reduction goals.
(Reporting by Matt Siegel; Editing by Paul Tait)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials