Australian parliament repeals carbon tax, emissions trading scheme
SYDNEY (Reuters) - The Australian Senate voted on Thursday to scrap the country's carbon tax and plans for emissions trading, a major victory for conservative Prime Minister Tony Abbott that leaves uncertainty about how Australia will meet its carbon reduction goals.
(Reporting by Matt Siegel; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebels
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |