Australian parliament repeals carbon tax, emissions trading scheme
SYDNEY (Reuters) - The Australian Senate voted on Thursday to scrap the country's carbon tax and plans for emissions trading, a major victory for conservative Prime Minister Tony Abbott that leaves uncertainty about how Australia will meet its carbon reduction goals.
(Reporting by Matt Siegel; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early