HP appoints CEO Whitman chairman, expands board
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co appointed Chief Executive Officer Meg Whitman its chairman on Thursday and enlisted Alcoa CEO Klaus Kleinfeld as an independent director, adding a 12th member to its board.
Whitman, who has led the world's largest computer maker since 2011, replaces activist investor Ralph Whitworth, who stepped down as interim chairman this week for health reasons.
(Reporting by San Francisco newsroom)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet